So this is my first blog post EVER… I don’t know if any of you also have the same problem I have but I NEVER know what to make for dinner for my family….
Okay! so what do you think about Moroccan-Style roast Chicken?
Serves: 4-6 ppl / Cooking time is 1hr 30min
- 2 preserved lemons
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 1 dried chilli
- 1 x whole 1.6kg free-range chicken
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rose petals (unsprayed) , optional
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Finely chop 1 of the preserved lemons and bash together with the ras el hanout, dried chilli and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper using a pestle and mortar.
- Slice the remaining lemon and divide between the base of a roasting tray and the cavity of the chicken.
- Slash the chicken breast a few times and rub in the marinade. Drizzle with oil, rub again, and place in the roasting tray.
- Scatter with rose petals (if using), and roast for 1 hour 20 minutes, until the skin is sticky and chicken is cooked. Pick, then scatter over the coriander leaves to serve.
If you decide to make this for dinner tonight please let me know how it turned out?