So for this month of March we are cooking with Jamie Oliver. Tonight we making something for the whole family… for those cold chilly nights this Pumpkin & Ginger soup will defiantly warm up those cold bodies.
We are making Pumpkin and Ginger soup, I prefer butternut instead of pumpkin.
Serves 4 | Cooks in 1 hour
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 2 shallots
- 75 g ginger
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs , such as chives, mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock
- 125 ml coconut milk , plus extra to serve
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 lime
- Deseed and roughly chop the pumpkin, peel and chop the shallots, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Pick and finely chop the herbs.
- Place the pumpkin, shallots, ginger and some oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and chilli powder. Season, then bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blitz in a food processor then serve with the fresh herbs, lime juice and a splash of coconut milk.
If you are going to try out this recipe please let me know if you enjoyed it.